With the changing of the season and the days getting shorter and cooler, a warming dish that is packed with protein is always something I want in my weekly rotation. Add in the fact that it only takes 30 minutes and now it is a true comfort staple!
- 2 (15oz) cans of Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 (13.5oz) can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup of Veggie Broth
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Knob of Ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch (or more) of Cayenne – optional for more heat
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 cup of Cilantro
- Cooked quinoa, rice, or toasted bread
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat olive oil in a medium high heat. Add onions and bay leaves, stirring occassionally until the onions are fragrant, soft, and translucent – about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring for about 1 minute, then add the curry powder,paprika, tumeric, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir to combine for 1 minute.
- Add veggie broth to deglaze the pan, then add chickpeas, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and salt. Stir to combine and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add lime juice and cilantro. Stir and simmer for another 3 minutes. Add salt, cayenne, or other spices if needed.
- Serve with quinoa, rice, or bread. Top with more cilantro and a lime wedge!
Give this recipe a try and then let me know how it goes! Email me at email@example.com or tag me on Instagram – @allisontibbs